Re: linux-next: manual merge of the crypto tree

* H. Peter Anvin <hpa@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> So can we add sse4.1 into this patch also as: #define
>> X86_FEATURE_XMM4_1	(4*32+19)
>> even though now no obvious user is asking it in kernel.
>
> The best would be to:
>
> 1. rename all the feature bits which have inconsistent names in their
>    #defines and in /proc/cpuinfo;
> 2. generate the /proc/cpuinfo table
>    (arch/x86/kernel/cpu/feature_names.c) automatically from
>    cpufeature.h.
>
> 2. is quite trivial, and 1. can be done largely automatically.  I will
> experiment with this.

i see you committed that into tip/x86/cpu - i just integrated that into
tip/master and pushed out the result. This way starting at v2.6.28 we'll
have only a single, non-redundant definition for CPU feature
information, from which we auto-generate the rest.

	Ingo