Re: linux-next: manual merge of the kmemcheck tree

Hi Vegard,

On Fri, 15 Aug 2008 09:04:08 +0200 "Vegard Nossum" <vegard.nossum@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Just out of curiosity: Do you have a script that produces these
> messages? How hard would it be to include the "merge patch" (conflict
> resolution) itself in this e-mail?

I do use a script, but I start the email before I figure out what the
actual conflict and resolution are so I can fill in the details as I find
them.

> I think that would be a very helpful addition (if it can be done with
> no hassle on your side), because it means that I could actually look
> over it and give a comment if it looks wrong (with no hassle on my
> side, looking up the merge commit, etc.).

I'll see what I can do.  It shouldn't be to hard.

> But if it can't be done easily, then don't bother. The issues are
> mostly trivial anyway. Thanks for doing this work!

The really trivial ones usually end up with nothing in the resolution
diff as I take the commit from one or other tree, so I will leave those
out.

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    sfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx