Feedback on my development setup

Hello all,

I am trying to work on and improve some aspects of the "fanotify"
parts of the VFS subsystem with Amir Goldstein being the person I
brought these to.  Amir has me doing some work to see what is going on
since I have observed some unexpected behaviors.  In doing so, I have
cobbled together the following iteration pattern which I would like
feedback on.  It doesn't feel like it is as concise as it should be in
practice and I am hoping someone can offer pointers on how to improve
it.  By the end of this, I would like to have a fully documented and
replicable script to share for certain kinds of non-hardware kernel
development like I am doing here.  As a word of warning, I haven't
gotten to fully test this either.  It feels like I'm trying to cut
down a hydra with everything new I need to account for.

```
Source:
https://github.com/archlinux/arch-boxes

Term 1:
guestmount -w -a ~/Downloads/Arch-Linux-x86_64-basic.qcow2 -m
/dev/sda3 ~/mnt/arch/
<copy sources, files, perform compilation steps, etc as needed to
inside the VM image as needed each development iteration>
cp ~/mnt/ arch/home/arch/linux/boot/x86/vmlinux .
umount ~/mnt/arch

Term 2:
kvm -s -cpu host -display gtk -vga qxl -accel kvm -drive
format=qcow2,file=$HOME/Downloads/Arch-Linux-x86_64-basic.qcow2 -m 1G
-smp 2 -S

Term 3:
gdb vmlinux
: target remote:1234
<set break points>
: continue

Qemu:
<time sensitive, boot into the right kernel if available>
<perform development tasks>
```