Re: Hello

On 2024-03-18 03:00, Jonathan Martin wrote:
Hello All;

I don’t know who is here or who is listening and I assume this is a semi-public archive.

I’m not really much of a newbie but I have let my excitement turn me into an idiot often enough to think that I am.

It seems prudent to introduce myself here for the sake of anyone’s email filters since as I may recall Linus mentioning many years ago that he’d blocked several domains to cut out worthless clutter. I can’t actively discourage anyone from this in my case due to line 2.

I am not dedicated to any subject and my expertise is probably not relevant, but I am a fan of c2 wiki and I expect similar conversations, though iCloud can’t seem to handle the message volume of many lists that I try to subscribe.

~~~~~~

Thanks for being here!

~~~~~~

Hi Jonathan! There is always someone listening on the web ;). Regarding icloud and big volume of messages, i suggest using an NNTP client like Thunderbird email client for example. Instead of using regular email you use news server.

You can read more here
https://subspace.kernel.org/subscribing.html#subscribing-via-nntp
and here
https://brennan.io/2021/05/05/kernel-mailing-lists-thunderbird-nntp/