Re: edac driver initialization, interrupt, & debug

On 11/19/18 8:38 AM, Tracy Smith wrote:
> Steve, you were correct, there wasn't a device tree entry for the
> qoriq memory controller in
> arch/arm64/boot/dts/freescale/fsl-ls1043a.dtsi.  I added it making it
> identical to the fsl-ls1046s.dtsi, which should have the same memory
> controller and entry as the ls1043a.  I added this but it didn't make
> a difference as far as being able to call the probe function. I'm now
> checking the mpc85xx_edac.c dtsi entry for comparison since York used
> the mpc85xx as the basis for the layerscape, but there is something
> else missing preventing the probe function from being called.
>
> @York
> What is your entry for
> /proc/device-tree/soc/ifc@1530000/board-control@1,0/compatible

EDAC driver doesn't check IFC. Are you debugging EDAC for memory controller?

> @York
> cat /proc/device-tree/compatible entry is this, is this correct?
> fsl,ls1043a-rdbfsl,ls1043a

Once again, you are using your modified code on your own board. So it is
not ls1043ardb. This compatible has nothing to do with EDAC driver.

I cannot help you with ls1043ardb because the real ls1043ardb board
doesn't support ECC. The closest board I have is ls1046ardb.

>                 ddr: memory-controller@1080000 {
>                          compatible = "fsl,qoriq-memory-controller";
>                          reg = <0x0 0x1080000 0x0 0x1000>;
>                          interrupts = <0 144 0x4>;
>                          big-endian;
>                  };

This is your source code, not your final device tree. Please learn to
use "fdt" command under U-Boot to dump your device tree before booting
Linux, or check after Linux is up. For your reference, on my ls1046ardb,
I have

# cat /proc/device-tree/soc/memory-controller@1080000/compatible
fsl,qoriq-memory-controller

York