Re: FW: edac driver initialization, interrupt, & debug

I’m attempting to insmod/modprobe the layerscape_edac_mod.ko driver.
It seems the driver enters layerscape_edac.c fsl_ddr_mc_init() and
completes successfully. But there is no EDAC boot messages and no
/proc/interrupts entry for the EDAC. I’m backporting the EDAC from the
LSDK to the SDK 2.0.

I have set CONFIG_EDAC_DEBUG and set edac_debug_level to 4, but I
don’t see any debug messages other than printk()s that I add to
fsl_ddr_mc_init() in layerscape_edac.c. No debug messages appear in
any logs from fsl_ddr_edac.c.

1. How can I enable debug information? Is debugfs required to print
the debug messages for the edac_debug_level and CONFIG_EDAC_DEBUG in
the 4.1.35-rt41 kernel for drivers/edac?

2. The default EDAC_OPSTATE_INT in fsl_ddr_mc_init() and the
platform_driver_register() is successful. But I don’t see any printk()
messages in fsl_mc_err_probe() within fsl_ddr_edac.c. No errors appear
in any /var/log/*.

3. I don’t see any interrupts, so why would there not be an edac
interrupt in /proc/inturrupts?  Do I need to inject an error before
seeing an edac interrupt in /proc/interrupts?

lsmod
module: layerscape_edac_mod    12594  0

4. To inject an error I can use the fsl_mc_inject …. routines in
fsl_ddr_edac.c and write to the registers. But is there a utility that
already uses these routines that can be used to inject an error
(FSL_MC_ECC_ERR_INJECT, FSL_MC_DATA_ERR_INJECT_LO,

Thanks you for any assistance. Instrumenting throughout the driver now
to see if I can trace through the driver.

thx, Tracy Smith