Re: debugfs_remove_recursive() while a file is in use by userspace

> The current state is that both question are to be answered with "no",
> i.e. debugfs file removal is racy.

Ouch! :-(. Thanks for confirming!

Somewhat related, is my understanding correct that the behaviour of
character device layer w.r.t. the two questions that I asked the
answer to my questions would be "yes"?

i.e. cdev_del() would wait

>> (1) until all the currently executing file operation methods
>> (read/write/map etc) have returned?

AND

>> (2) until the user has given up all references (descriptors) to the
>> files (i.e. until release() method has been
>> called)?

Thanks,

Rajat