Re: debugfs_remove_recursive() while a file is in use by userspace

Thanks Greg and Al for the quick turnaround.

Essentially I have a device that supports something called "contexts"
that can be "created" and "destroyed" during the life of the device. I
want to expose some debug files for the context when it is created,
and destroy the files when the context is destroyed. However, I'm not
sure how do I ensure that the user is not in the middle of reading /
writing / mmaping to those files. Also how do I know that user is
still not holding a reference to the file structure.

It seems like debugfs is currently not a good choice for this? Would
you recommend me to any other fs or subsystem that I should use for
this?

Would hanging those files under the sysfs node for the device sound
any better (by representing each "context" using an embedded kobject)?

Thanks,

Rajat