Re: Why is Linux not RTOS?

Ok, let's clarify somethings ;)

First of all I really recommend this links:
http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/9361
http://rt.wiki.kernel.org/

The real-time implementations previously commented in the list relies on
"interrupt shielding" (forcing interrupts to run on a reserved CPU) and
"CPU pinning" (forcing real-time tasks to only run on a CPU which
doesn't run any other tasks), so we can't say it's a 'real' real-time ;)
(it does not take the best advantage of multiple cpu's for example and
needs more than just one in anyway).

Legal notice: It's just my personal contribution.

P.S.:  Sorry my delay to answer that ;)

--
Rodrigo Rubira Branco
Software Engineer