Re: Why should we teach students Linux??

Well, I don't think it's meaningless, actually, it's quite serious and
important. M$ windows has dominated the OS market for long, and they
still do. The worst thing is, they keep their little secret in a black
box.
To kids in school, they have to know a world beyond M$ empire. It's an
open society that people can learn, share, and talk freely.
To CS students in college, they have to learn Operating System. Linux
(or say, UNIX-family) as an open box is a great material.

On 3/6/07, John Aspinall <jgaspinall@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Jarmo forwarded:

>> knows a link/document about why we should educate our students in the
>> Linux OS, please send it. Or article about the usage of Linux in
>> company's.

This is a completely meaningless question until we know what kind of
students.  Elementary computer science?  Operating system design?
Software business and marketing?  Anthropology (like the recent survey
here)?  Elementary school?  High school?  Undergraduate?  Post-graduate?
-

Best regards,
Hong-Bin
blog: http://furseal.wordpress.com