Re: DialUp and ADSL on same machine??

Hi,

I don't know if I understand all what I read in this thread,--does it boil
down to the fact that Hal cannot send mail using stand alone mail programs via
his old mail addresses when using his new DSL.

I had/have this same problem with my broadband via DHCPD that I could/can send
mail only through the email-address of the ISP of the BB and not via my old
e-mail addresses. In fact I encounter this problem every-now-and-then when
either my base station brakes down or they do a major upgrade.

I then inform this BB ISP and depending how lucky I am to get connected to the
right knowledgeable person (last time it took 3 weeks) in a matter of less
then a minute the problem is solved. They pull a switch or press a button, so
to speak and out goes the mail which had hung in the queue. I have 2 mail
addresses beside the one given by the BB ISP which I do not use.

They try to make me use their browser based mail program which I refuse since
I find those programs cumbersome.

When I have the problem of not sending mail with nail, exmh or whatsoever I
use www.mail2web.com in the meantime until the switch has been pulled again.
With mail2web.com I can use my old addresses.

It is also important that the SMTP address is set correctly for outgoing mail
which has to be the one of the ISP of the BB or I guess a DSL. Thunderbird and
Sylpheed-claws are IMO easiest for this to set-up.

Regards
--
Peter

-