Re: IRC and "BitchX??"

Hello,

Registering is not related to the software you are using. IRC servers provide
nick registering services so that you can password-protect your nick, and
other people won't be able to use it without your password. Also, some
networks allow only registered users to send private messages, and some
channels won't let unregistered users join, in an effort to help to prevent
spam.

I hope this helps a bit

--
Diego Lima