CUPS Problems

        I'm not certain that I know how to explain this well enough so that someone
will be able to help me, but I will try...
        I can't get cups to work... I've got a Lexmark Z611 printer... and it is
attached via usb to a Windows XP Home computer...
                So, I think that I need to use SMB with this... but, am not certain how to
do it.. I have SMB4K installed and started, it shows no mounted shares...
        There is an SMB folder in each person's directory  (home)... including
(root)... I see the share on the Windows XP Home computer and I see a
folder named SMB4K -> MOMO1 -> All Users
                            -> D (CD-ROM Drive)
                            -> print$ (Not certain what this is for or what it does???)

        One the Windows XP Home machine, I can see the Debian (Sarge) computer.. in
the Windows Explorer window it says, Mf.com -> debian1 server (Samba
3.0.14a-Debian)(Debian1)
                However, when I click on it to get in, it brings up a connectoid dialog
box... Connecting to Debian1...
                User name: Mf.com\username  ( I think that's right???)
                Password: Password
        However, it tells me that I have to put it into a format like this;
                Examples:
                        User Name
                        username@domain
                        DOMAIN\username
That's the SAMBA problem, that I can't figure out...
I'm not certain, but I believe that if I could get SAMBA working right, then
the CUPS problem might be a little easier...
                        I would appreciate any help that I can get...
                                        Most sincereley,
                                                        Dan

-