Re: system hangs momentarily every 4 mins 2 secs

Hi,

On 8/27/06, mike@xxxxxxxxxx <mike@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sat, 26 Aug 2006 12:55:33 -0700
tom arnall <kloro2006@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> My system hangs momentarily every 4 mins 2 secs. The event coincides with
> a 'top' entry in which 'events/0' grabs 50-95% of cpu capacity. How can I
> determine what is causing the event?

This is a long-shot but the last time I had the same problem it turned
out that there had developed a loose connection with the heat-sink and
processor on the motherboard.
As a result, the processor used to over-heat in about every 3 minutes
or so, the watchdogs would come into picture and cause the machine to
hang or reboot.... usually reboot.

Just give a quick check on your hardware before probing into the software side.

--
Raseel.
http://osd.byethost8.com