RaLink rt2500 wireless local area network

Hello,

I have tried to install modules for rt2500 some time now with rt2500 or rt2x00
module. I have managed to compile the module and install it, but after loading
the module with insmod error occure "-1, File don't exist" some thing like
that. Modprobe though don't give error and I can see module loaded with lsmod,
but iwconfig don't show any wireless devices:(

Error loading the module can be generic, because I can't load other modules I
compile eather. So if some one can help me with procedure neccessary to install
modules?

Now I have tried to compile the module and then install it and load it with
modprobe or insmod.

#make
#make install
#insmod $module

Where the $module is a name for the module installed.

give error "-1, File don't exist"

#emerge net-wireless/rt2500
#insmod $module

don't work, same error "-1, File don't exist"

Some times compiling give me errors other times not, I am confused. Error is
usually "RT2500_DBG not set" if I can remember right. Any suggestions?

I am tried to install the module too long so I will try use windows drivers if
I don't manage to use rt2x00. Is this right way to go?

I currently change my operating system to Gentoo and I'm not really familiar
with it:( My recent compiled kernel is (gentoo-sources) 2.6.16-r7.

I have pcmcia and amateur radio compiled in the kernel.