Re: [conntrack_ftp] ftp _server_ behind dnat

Klaus Ethgen a écrit :

> Am Sa den 19. Feb 2011 um 18:42 schrieb Pascal Hambourg:
>
>> Connections on port 21 are control connections. Port 21 is used neither
>> for active nor passive data connections.
>
> Hmm.. Yes. you are right. Nevertheless that port is only looked about as
> src and not as dst.

If you were right then active mode would not work, as PORT commands are
sent to the destination port 21.

> But on a server the dst is port 21.

On a server the port 21 is the destination port for incoming packets and
the source port for outgoing packets.

>>> As I read the code there seems no way to find a PORT command in outgoing
>>> connections. But that has to be detected when DNAT is used.
>> What do you mean by "outgoing connections" ?
>
> Well, a bit confusing, I admit.

Sorry to say, but all your explanations are confusing.

> On a client system I have SNAT so on INPUT on the external interface I
> see port 21.

Are you using SNAT directly on the client ? Why ?
What does SNAT have to do with INPUT ?
What is the exact rule ?

> On a server I have DNAT so on OUTPUT I see the (destination) port
> 21. But exactly that do not trigger the helper.

Are you using DNAT directly on the server ? Why ?
What does DNAT have to do with OUTPUT ?
What is the exact rule ?

> And exact that is what I find by tests. If I do an active connection the
> client is sending PORT to the server and the connection works well. But
> if I try to use passive the server sends the PORT command and the
> conntrack helper do never recognize the traffic as ftp related.

Huh ? The server sends a PORT command ?
This is not possible. A server does not send commands. It only replies
to commands received from the client.