pppoe packets over linux bridge?

Hello!

I've run into a problem today:

I have a server with a single NIC (eth0), have a switch attached to it, it has the other computers and a dsl modem in bridge mode (the lan is trusted). I'm using pppd (with pppoe module) to connect to the internet, it works fine (pppoe packets goes through eth0, and brings up ppp0). Now i installed some virtual computers on this server, so i wanted to make a simple bridge (stp off), br0, adding eth0 (and the other interfaces) into it, making eth0 promisc, and moving it's ip to br0. As soon as i insert eth0 into br0, the pppd starts logging timeouts, and it never finds the modem again neither on eth0, nor br0 (after waiting more than 2 minutes even). As pppoe goes through switches, i think it should go through bridges too, but it seems it does not. Did i miss some important detail, or is this some kind of bug, or needs some extra configuration?