Why rfkill interface doesn't have show() hook

Hi all,

I am working on msi-laptop driver for a new msi netbook.
The BIOS in this machine modify the hardware block state when press wifi
function key.
Currently, I am using rfkill interface to provide the
Wlan/Bluetooth/Wwan state to userland, but I found rfkill interface have
no show() hook like "Device Attribute" interface.

The rfkill interface can hook the poll() callback function to call
rfkill_set_hw_state for change the rfkill state. But, by the default,
this poll interval is 5 seconds:

net/rfkill/core.c
#define POLL_INTERVAL           (5 * HZ)

It causes userland application (e.g. OSD) need wait 5 seconds safely
time before show up OSD when user press wifi/bluetooth function key.
Why rfkill interface doesn't have show() hook can modify the rfkill
state immediately, don't need wait 5 seconds?

Especially rfkill-input module already deprected and will replace by
userland policy code.
If have show() hook, then the rfkill state can be update by driver
immediately when userland cat rfkill state.

Thank's
Joey Lee