Adding a MAC multicast subscription

Hello people,

forgive me if this might be more appropiate for netdev, I am hoping for users
to point me to things that already exist somewhere.

I am trying to implement LLC multicast reception and sending. The sending side
works nicely with the new PF_LLC sockets. I seem the packets in wireshark
(and I am testing it on a bridge device).

On the receiving side, I do not so far receive packets. My understanding after
doing some googling and code reading, is that I do only bind the socket to a
device, but not an address. The address needs to be added to the device with
a SIOCADDMULTI with a socket address of family AF_UNSPEC (0). Then I can see
it in /proc/net/dev_mcast. On a downside, it doesn't go away when the program
terminates, not like IPM subscriptions do.

WIth my PF_LLC DGRAM socket I see the following in /proc/net/llc/socket

 2   0 00:1a:92:7c:d9:8b@22 00:00:00:00:00:00@00        0        0  7   0    0

That would be correct. But then I can't receive the packet. Could it be that
the LLC implementation in the kernel doesn't let my multicast traffic pass,
because it doesn't match the MAC address of the device?

If anybody can point me to successful LLC multicast code, I would be really
thankful. :-)

Best regards,
Kay Hayen