Re: Behavior of SO_BINDTODEVICE

In article <4919EB39.2030801@xxxxxxxxxx> you wrote:
> Sorry, didn't see the last part of your question. The result is that one
> connection (the one with the default route that has the lowest metric)
> connects succsessfully and is able to complete the operation, while the
> other simply hangs.

I guess linux is sending all packets according to the routing table, i.e. to
the interface with the lowest metric. At least this is how IP used to work
back in the old days :)

You might need to set up policy based routing.

BTW: is there a reason you use named bind, should be enough to have
different IPs for the servers and base the policy rules on that. Are your
kernel config settings n the area of advanced routing and multipath the same
on the two boxes?

Gruss
Bernd