Re: Questions about linux network interfaces and incomming/outgoing traffic

There is a real time minitoring tool (only for 2.6 kernels) at
http://clownix.net
it may help you.

Clement BRUGUERA wrote:
Hi,

I work in a french humnitarian association witch deploy first aid satellite telecommunications for vitcims of natural catastrophies and we use a soekris running debian lenny for routing and filtering data transfers between lan and satellite. We would like to see the wan bandwidth use in realtime on a svg graphic of the php administration interface. I plan to do this with an AJAX script witch will request informations to a c/cgi programme. This system is used by m0n0wall for monitoring network. I have read them c/cgi sources but they are scalable directly on linux because we don't have an if_mib.h on linux. My question is how can I get informations about incomming/outgoing traffic on linux interfaces without having to look at /proc/net/dev file ?

Best regards. Clément
-

-