Re: conntrack doesn't always work when a bridge is used

Damien Thébault wrote:
2008/1/2 Damien Thébault <damien.thebault@xxxxxxxxx>:
On Dec 30, 2007 6:53 PM, Patrick McHardy <kaber@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Thanks. They still show the double POST_ROUTING effects (the retransmitted
\0a), but I can't figure out why this would be happening. Please add TRACE
rules in both directions for the FTP control traffic and post the output.
This will allow to verify that we're indeed dealing with double hook
invocations and not some other bug:

modprobe ipt_LOG
iptables -t raw -A OUTPUT -p tcp --dport 21 -j TRACE
iptables -t raw -A OUTPUT -p tcp --sport 21 -j TRACE
iptables -t raw -A PREROUTING -p tcp --dport 21 -j TRACE
iptables -t raw -A PREROUTING -p tcp --sport 21 -j TRACE
I tried to use the patch I created earlier (the one adding the hooks
again). I said it worked but it does not everytime.

By the way, Patrick, what do you think about this bug? Maybe I
shouldn't rely on bridges but it's a useful feature sometimes.

No, this should work properly. I just tried to reproduce it,
but I only get a single POSTROUTING invocation. I tried with
real bridged traffic, traffic routed between two different
bridge devices and traffic routed between a bridge device
and a normal ethernet device, but everything seems to work
correctly.

Could you send me the commands you're using to configure
your setup and everything (routing, iptables, ...) that
could be related?

-