Re: Generic Netlink Sockets

[NOTE: my apologies about not quoting the earlier message but I've just joined
the mailing list]

Hello,

As pointed out earlier, if you are trying to write a userspace app to talk
over Netlink or Generic Netlink then libnl[1] is most likely your best bet.
While the latest release does not include explicit support of Generic Netlink
the code inside of Subversion does provide Generic Netlink support according
to the Changelog[2].

Also, don't forget that Generic Netlink is just a layer on top of Netlink.  If
you don't want to use development snapshots from the libnl subversion tree
you can always use one of the released versions and write your own Generic
Netlink layer on top the Netlink support in libnl.  The NetLabel userspace
tools[3] do just that, feel free to take a look at the code to see how to
work with Generic Netlink in userspace.

[1] http://people.suug.ch/~tgr/libnl
[2] https://svn.suug.ch/repos/tgr/libnl/ChangeLog
[3] http://netlabel.sf.net