RE: Arp undo issue in all 2.4 and 2.6 kernel releases

Hi Stephen,
At the point where the system is responding, there should be no
interfaces with the given IP address and ifconfig confirms this. The IP
address is not associated with any interface and should not be
associated with the system either. The sequence of events is "bring up
the address on one interface, try to bring it up on another alias, bring
the address down". This isn't an issue of "replying to ARP out the wrong
interface", it is replying to arp requests when no interfaces on the
system have that IP address associated.

Tim
-