Re: IPv6 autoconfiguration with multiple interface identifiers on a single ethernet

In article <46F9780F64AE9945815725F4C0C72CB8A10197@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> you wrote:
> Is this a kernel function? If so, pointers on what needs to be
> configured/modified would be appreciated.

You can just use user-mode. The kernel auto configuration uses only the mac
address (or md5 privacy hashes) on advertised prefixes. So if you dont need
it for booting, just do it afterwards.

You find the auto code in: net/ipv6/addrconf.c

There is btw a sample for specual z series adapters which need to
distinguish multiple partitions on a single hardware card, I guess that
might be similiar to what you seek. But why dont you just hardcode the local
part or use statefull configuration?

Gruss
Bernd
-