IPX router specification and the Linux kernel

Dear all,

I am looking for the original Novell IPX router documents, which contain a description, of how routers (in IPX or XNS or any other network system) replace a source network number of zero in a received packet to another appropriate network number before the router forwards the packet.

Specifically, we are looking for a copy of XEROX's original document cited in RFC-870, RFC-1298:
Xerox, Corp., "Internet Transport Protocols", XSIS 028112, Xerox Corporation, December 1981.

In connection to XEROX's document we are also looking for an original Novell document, cited in RFC 1132:
Novell, Inc., "Advanced NetWare V2.1 Internetwork Packet Exchange Protocol (IPX) with Asynchronous Event Scheduler (AES)", October 1986.

In particular, we are searching for description of the algorithm published in the document: Novell IPX Router Specification. Document Version 1.2, Novell Part Number 107-000029-001, October 1993. "Novell Inc., as has been cited in RFC-1362 and later, containing the following or related description:

"Source Network: This field contains the number of the network to which the source node belongs. If a sending node sets this field to zero, it means the local netowrk to which the source is connected is unknown. In the case of routers, the rules which apply to the destination network field apply to this field as well, except that routers may propagate packets that were received with this field set to zero. In this case the router should fill in the field with the appropriate source address before forwarding the packet to its destination."

By researching the Linux Kernel source code, I have discovered the relevant lines for above algorithm:

------------------

linux-2.0.40, net/ipx/af_ipx.c:841:

	if (ipx->ipx_source.net == 0L)
		ipx->ipx_source.net = intrfc->if_netnum;

------------------

linux-1.2.0, net/inet/ipx.c:978:

	if ((usipx->sipx_network == 0L) && (ipx_primary_net != NULL)) {
		usipx->sipx_network = ipx_primary_net->if_netnum;
		intrfc = ipx_primary_net;
	} else {
		rt = ipxrtr_lookup(usipx->sipx_network);
		if (rt==NULL) {
			return -ENETUNREACH;
		}
		intrfc = rt->ir_intrfc;
	}

------------------

However, I was not able to find a publicly released and accessible source distribution of the above IPX implementation in a kernel before 1991.

Does anyone have a link or can send me an electronic or paper copy of the aforementioned documents? Or if any of you  have any other means of retrieving the material in question, please let me know. We are willing to pay US$1000.00 to the first person, who can get a handle on those documents or any other related documents describing the mentioned algorithm before Sep 27, 1991.

Thank you! With best regards,
-Stefan Soucek

--
Dr. Stefan Soucek
LOYTEC electronics GmbH

Networks under control!
LOYTEC and NEC Electronics Join Forces in Building Automation!
-