Static Link Aggregation

Can anyone tell me if the Linux bonding driver  supports "static link
aggregation"? And if so, which MODE will set up static  aggregation?

In other words, when you start the bonding driver with:

modprobe bonding  mode=X

which mode are you supposed to choose to get "static link  aggregation". Or
does this not work with the bonding driver?

I have been  playing around with "dynamic link aggregation" and a very
expensive Gigabit  switch -- with impressive results. But I was hoping to see if I
can get similar  results using a more humble switch like the new SMC-Smart
switches (under US  $300) which support "static link aggregation" but DO NOT
support "dynamic link  aggregation".

Will "mode=0" (round robin) give me static aggregation?

Unfortunately, it's not clear from the bonding.txt document included  with
the 2.6.14 kernel.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Andy  Liebman

-