globaly prevent binding on a specific interface

Hi all

I seam to have a unusual problem :-)

I've got a linux box used as router (and also tunnel endpoint) with many
interfaces of course.
One interface is the main interface (eth0) where the DNS Names point to.

There are also some services running on that box, like ntpd and bind9.

Bind knows a configuration option to bind to a specific interface or address.
So this works more or less fine :-)

ntpd doesn't know such an option and just binds to all interfaces it can see.

Let's say I have:

eth0: 10.0.0.1 	(time.example.com)
tun-A: 192.168.0.1 (with the 192.168.1.0/24 net attached on the other side)

Now some client from the other side of the tunne sends a ntp request to
time.example.com (10.0.0.1)
This arrives via the tunnel to the box and get's answered by ntpd who of
courses sees that 192.168.0.1 is the right interface to send the reply out.

The client sees the ntp answer comming from 192.168.0.1 which is not where the
request was sent to (10.0.0.1) and discards that reply.

I see this happen all the time with things such as DNS (before I restricted
binding), snmp and especialy ntp.

I could more or less solve that for IPv4 by using SNAT to the ip of eth0 on
all other interfaces and tunnels.

But what would a router be nowadays without IPv6 :-) And you can't NAT IPv6!

So what I'm looking for is to prevent anything to bind to an interface (or
address).
To sort of define a 'routing only' interface.

Or doing it the other way round, to define only one interface (eth0) where
services may bind.

I've allready searched quite a bit of the kernel docs and asked the netfilter
people. Apparently no solution known there.

Does somebody here know a way to achive this?

Regards
-Benoit-
--
Benoît Panizzon, <bp@xxxxxx>
ImproWare AG, UNIXSP & ISP                     Phone: +41 61 826 93 00