Re: debug network packets

> >>there is a debug variable in the sock structure that you can enable at
> >>various points, and use in instrumentation to conditionally print out
> >>data at various points.  I usually turn in on in sys_socket, or
> >>sys_connect, etc,  based on information I have on hand at the time
> >>(process name, dest ip, etc).

I couldn't find the debug variable that u told me in the structure..

I provide some more information about what i want to achieve.

I want to enable some debug messages concering htb and gred. The reason is that
i want to see the journey of the ip packet through the 2.6 kernel from start to
finish (ethernet interface up to htb and gred classification).

In the sch_htc.c i have found the following

/* debugging support; S is subsystem, these are defined:
  0 - netlink messages
  1 - enqueue
  2 - drop & requeue
  3 - dequeue main
  4 - dequeue one prio DRR part
  5 - dequeue class accounting
  6 - class overlimit status computation
  7 - hint tree
  8 - event queue
 10 - rate estimator
 11 - classifier
 12 - fast dequeue cache

 L is level; 0 = none, 1 = basic info, 2 = detailed, 3 = full
 q->debug uint32 contains 16 2-bit fields one for subsystem starting
 from LSB
 */
#ifdef HTB_DEBUG
#define HTB_DBG_COND(S,L) (((q->debug>>(2*S))&3) >= L)
#define HTB_DBG(S,L,FMT,ARG...) if (HTB_DBG_COND(S,L)) \

but still i don't know what should i change in order to see debug messages in my
dmesg...

Also in the same file the following line exists
#define HTB_DEBUG 1     /* compile debugging support (activated by tc tool) */

Do u know how i can use tc tool for viewing that debug messages?
Thx a lot