Re: ip6 tunnel, ipsec in linux 2.6.1 / 2.6.1-bk6

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004, Andreas Jellinghaus wrote:

> my plan is to not have a default route on the underlying interface -
> it is a wireless lan segment, not routed, all I do is ping, ssh and
> build up an ipsec tunnel (ike, and ip6ip6 packets).

So you want to run transport mode ipsec over the ip6ip6 tunnel interface,
am I right? Can't you just run tunnel mode ipsec on your wlan without the
tunnel interface, or do you need it to bind to etc?

> So adding a default route to the tunnel interface will not hurt
> anything.

Ok.

> started racoon on the client. it was a wierd testing cycle, so I guess
> i can't reproduce it. But my normal setup gives me about 20-50 Call
> Traces during the boot sequence. Once someone has found those issues
> and fixed them, I will run bigger tests again. Right now with still so
> many xfrm related problems testing is a bit pointless.

Ok, let me know if you manage to get a better crash dump.

Regards,
Ville
--
Ville Nuorvala
Research Assistant, Institute of Digital Communications,