Re: RFC: Disallow unspecified SAs on inbound packets

Hello!

> Please let me know of your opinion on this.

I still do not know. My feeling is that this hack is a pathology,
not related to the issue which it is supposed to fix at all. At least,
I do not see such a connection.

Effects of the fix are huge, complete and precise synchronization
of policies over all the participants becomes a must, everything becomes
utterly fragile, at least, at the first sight.

I do not see why sender cannot use an ESP SA if such a SA is avaliable.
I do not understand why receiver should drop encrypted packets, when sender
did a ping -P xxx. I do not understand how end-to-end security can be weakened
by some additional transformations.

Taking into account that I do not have alternative suggestion (well,
except for one with selectors), I cannot object. However, I think this
approach requires some additional elements to become more or less
sane: something to allow to ignore irrelevant transformations,
do-not-care policy, maybe, something hardcoded, sort of ignoring
all the transformations when inner one authenticates end-to-end,
think about this.

Alexey
-