inclusion of configuration dependend headers ininclude/net/sock.h

Since we ran into a problem in absolutely non-IRDA-related code when
CONFIG_IRDA is enabled (conflicting definitions of the ASSERT macro) we
examined the reason for this and found that include/net/sock.h includes
various headers just for the purpose of getting definitions of
structures for which forward declarations would be entirely sufficient
(as is done, at least in the 2.4 kernels, for CONFIG_ATM and the
respective atm_vcc structure). The question here really is - why are the
fuill headers included for all these configuration options? There must
be historical reasons, or otherwise the bare potential for naming
conflicts (as we encountered them) as well as the increased compile time
and debug info size should have long warranted redoing this.

Thank you very much for any insight,
Jan

(As I'm not subscribed to this mailing list, please CC me on any
reply.)
-