Re: Inbound policy & XFRM_POLICY_FWD

Hello Herbert,

As of what the IKE daemon is concerned, this is a kernel specific aspect and a
SPD add is generic and should not have any notion of table or IN/FW/OUT path.
This is ip/ipsec stack notion as from one stack to the other the inbound path
could be the same as the forward one (in my actual work, this is the case). If the
pfkey interface is used (which is the case in isakmpd and racoon), the daemon will
set SPD entries (well ok, seems that racoon rely on external SPD management and isakmpd
do it in a half way) without any notion of policy check level (aka where in the stack
the check is).

Hopefully, when a policy is added, it is done the same way both in IN/OUT/FW (or only
the direction=inbound in IN, both in FW, and direction=outbound in OUT).