NAPI e1000 driver for 2.4.21-pre?

Hello,

I am looking for a recent NAPI enabled/optimised e1000 driver backport for
2.4.21-pre (or RH-2.4.18-27).

It's highly desireable against 2.4.21-pre5 (because we have couple of tg3
cards, and in 2.4.20 they raise zillions of "tg3: ethx: Error, poll already
scheduled" error messages, which fills up console/error log, and someone
reported on lkml that it could lead to system hang eventually :(, which isn't
good).

I can test and report any success/failure if there is a patch/driver etc..

We are able to push 30,000 packets/sec (approx 80 bytes of data) on all 4
e1000 adapter with >=2048 RxDescriptors on a two way Xeon computer. There is
a considerable amount of CPU time spent on % System (only very few is
available under % Idle and for % User) while using tcpdump (both libpcap and
tcpdump are PACKET_MMAP optimised to use max amount of buffers, which I
believe is 32768).

I think with NAPI optimised driver (much like tg3 driver on 2.4) system will
spend less time in % System, and we will have plenty of CPU time for user
space.

There is a 2.4.20 driver at http://havoc.gtf.org/lunz/linux/net/2.4.20/ , it
looks though e1000 driver has undergone some serious updates during
2.4.21-pre (e1000_proc.c is gone etc..) and that patch produces few rejects.

I will buy a beer for whoever helps me on this one :)

(In the mean, I am trying to get this machine going with 2.5.latest so that I
can test the out-of-the-box e1000 and tg3 NAPI optimised drivers together,
however we are yet to resolve the panic due to cciss driver. But we may not
like to run our production system on 2.5 though)

Thanks
--
Hari
harisri@bigpond.com