Re:

Hello
The timewait state is for 2 msl and you can redifine the time in
include/net/tcp.h

#define TCP_TIMEWAIT_LEN (60*HZ) /* how long to wait to destroy TIME-WAIT
* state, about 60 seconds */

Cheers
Aniruddha

Justin Booth wrote:

Hello,
I have a problem with connections staying in TIME_WAIT for
too long. I have a program that has to make lots of connections to a
given server/cluster on a local network. The problem is that I run out
of local ports very quickly because of the TIME_WAIT state on a closed
connection. I know they drop off in about 30 or 40 seconds at max, but
that doesn't help me solve my problem, because I'm cycling through the
local ports. I've tried increasing the amount of local ports used in
/proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_local_port_range to support from 1000 to 61000,
but if I could reduce the TIME_WAIT state, it would greatly increase the
amount of connections I can send of per minute. If anyone has any
additional idea's or suggestions please let me know.
Thanks,

Justin Booth

-

-