problem with nfs mount and ftp from ia64 to ia32.

Hi List,

I am trying to do NFS or FTP installation RH7.2 on ia64 system through NFS or FTP
from ia32 system installed with RH7.1. The problem that I am running is this.

When I try to do NFS mount or do FTP from another ia32 system to this ia32 system,
it works. When I try to do NFS mount from ia64 to ia32 through the RedHat ia64
install program, it does not work. I looked at the netstat while trying to do either
NFS mount or FTP from ia64. For NFS it says that for the internet connections (w/o servers),
there is an incoming sunrpc request with status SYN_RECV. For FTP it says that for
the internet connections (w/o servers), there is an incoming ftp request with status
SYN_RECV. But portmapper or nfsd does not seem to be taking that request for servicing.
If you want I can send you the exact output from netstat. I believe that nfs or ftp
servers are properly configured, because I can do nfs mount or ftp from another
ia32 system without any problems. I have nfs exported file system/directory to
be mounted to the ip-address of another ia32 system and ia64 system being installed.

Can somebody explain me what is going on here with ia64 installation and nfs and ftp ?
and is there any way to fix the problem ?

Thanks and regards,
Hiren Mehta
Software Design Engineer
Agilent Technologies