ARP reply on behalf of another interface?

Hi,

I have a system which use IPOA for internal communication while use the
ethernet interface on a node.

+---------------------------------+---------
|             +----+                 +----+       |
+------- |  A   | ---------|  B   |----+
               +----+                 +----+
           eth0     atm0       atm0     eth0
           1.1/24   1.2          1.3       1.4

I setup the IP address for each interface with the same subnet /24.
When a remote node send ICMP request to IP address 1.3, the packets
are routed through the eth0(1.4) and reach at the atm0(1.3) because
the eth0 acts as a proxy ARP(It responsed to ARP request which query
the 1.3's hardware address)

>From this, I guess the Linux arp reply to the ARP request which query
one of its interface whether it is a in-device or not.

However, in this figure

+--------------------+---------
     |        +------+        |
     +---- |   A      |----+
               +------+
           eth0         eth1
           1.1/24      1.4

if a ARP request for 1.1 is broadcasted in the link, the ARP request packet will
get into A through eth0 and through eth1. However, only one ARP reply will
be sent. Why? If eth1 will do act as a proxy ARP for eth0, should the eth1 also
send the ARP reply?(I know the linux not the eth? process/reply ARP packet,
However the linux arp is stateless, the ARP request from eth0 and eth1 just
differ in in-device. I assume this in-device is not important from the previous
test).
Why the eth1 does not send ARP reply for eth0?

In brief, what condition does linux kernel send ARP reply?

Thanks.
Chae-yong.

-