WG: problem in tcpip communication at datagram level

Hi, all !

The problems described with message from March, 27th had been tested more
since yesterday.

I found that the communication with another computer that uses Reliant Unix
5.43 (SINIX) works very fine.
No limits for receiving data were found.

The difference between the SuSE 7.2 linux computer and the SINIX machine is:
The SINIX machine doesn't set the "don't fragment" bit at each acknowledge
datagram, the linux machine does it per default for all datagrams (see
tdump10.txt in mail yesterday).

I scanned the manuals for this and found setsockopt(). I used it with SOL_IP
and IP_MTU_DISCOVER flag with the optval step by step set to one of the 3
available values IP_PMTUDISC_DONT, IP_PMTUDISC_WANT and IP_PMTUDISC_DO.
No reaction occurs.

My question today is: What's the right way to unset the "don't fragment" bit
?

Thanks a lot.

Regards, Steffen Otto
-