Re: arp / noarp

	Hello,

Graham Wood wrote:

> Moving the network around physically (my prefered answer) is apparently not an
> option, so I need to disable the arp answers for the load balanced address.
> The noarp option does not seem to work on an alias, only on a primary
> interface.

	Note that arp_filter is not a perfect solution for clusters
because the traffic is mostly out->in, i.e. not originated and
the prefsrc is of no help. It can work may be only if your create
a permanent entry in these boxes for their gateway because if the
reply traffic leads to reolving of the nexthop then you risk to
broadcast an ARP probe with the virtual IP as source address and
then automatically changes the remote neighbour caches.

> Any suggestions?

	There is a project that deals with same issues:

http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/

	Look for Direct Routing mode and for solving
the "ARP problem"

Regards

--
Julian Anastasov <ja@ssi.bg>