Re: TCP stall between 2.4.14-patched and Win XP ?

On Thu, Dec 20, 2001 at 01:05:30PM -0800, Marc MERLIN wrote:
> The XP  machine connects to  the linux box, packets  go back and  forth, and
> when the linux machine starts pushing a  lot of data back, XP lowers the TCP
> window until the connection stalls.

I should have added more details here.
I know  this looks like a  classic issue of  the client app not  reading its
data (netscape mail polling mail over imap in this case).
It's just that the same exact app  was working fine on the same mail folders
on  non XP  machines, and the same netscape had no issues polling mail from
other servers,  so I started suspecting  something on the TCP  layer between
the two OSes

Mika  Liljeberg sent  me a  mail confirming  that it  really looks  like the
client app  not reading its data. Of  course, I can strace  the imap server,
but I don't know how to do that with netscape on XP :-)

Either way, although I can't confirm  it for now, I'll assume that something
weird is  happening with the app,  and that it's indeed  responsible for the
stall.

Sorry for the noise.
Marc

-