/proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf

Okay, this feels really stupid, but I can't for my life figure out the
relationships between the nodes under /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf on 2.4
kernels.  It seems that writing 0 > all/accept_source_route should
turn off accepting source routes on all current and future interfaces,
yet I am seeing messages in the logs that makes me worry that that is
not actually the case.  Furthermore, touching the "all" node doesn't
affect any of the other nodes, which I don't really know how to
interpret.

Anyone could offer advice on what the real story is w.r.t. the "all"
and "default" nodes, i.e. what are their exact semantic definitions,
especially in the presence of changing status on interfaces (some web
pages seem to claim that you have to restart the interfaces for these
to take effect, which seems very uncharacteristic of Linux IMO.)

	-hpa
http://www.zytor.com/~hpa/puzzle.txt	<amsp@zytor.com>
-