Re: ARP misbehaviour

Hi!

On Thu, 9 Aug 2001, Andi Kleen wrote:

> arp_filter checks the source address, and the route for that source
> address is on eth0, so it is perfectly correct.
So arp_filter just checks if someone is allowed to ask for an address by
looking if there is a route to the solicitor through this particular
interface. If this is the intended behaviour then please point me in the
direction where I can find a solution to my problem: the solicitor is the
right one to ask for an IP, but the machine should not answer a request
for an address with scope link that is not bound to the interface where
the request arrived.

> You need to change your routing so that the 129.187.154.153 route goes
> through eth1 or alternatively add blackhole policy routing with
> eth0's address as source address.
Then my machine could not talk to 129.187.154.153 any more because eth1 is
on a physically separated network.

> P.S.: Cross posting this way is very impolite. Don't do it.
Sorry, I didn't know where this belonged. Is linux-net correct?

And thanks for the quick answer.

Ciao,
					Roland

-