Bridging/forwarding/masquerading?

I've got a device that I'm trying to setup, and can't figure
out how.

It's got 2 network interfaces, one ethernet and one experimental
interface. The experimental interface only passes IP traffic, and
the device driver for it prepends a made up ethernet header to it
when it comes into the system, so it looks like an ethernet device
to the kernel.

I want to have any traffic coming in one interface go out the
other and vice-versa. I've tried bridging, but I think the problem
is that no ARP requests are made by the device on the other side
of the experimental interface, so none get sent out over ethernet
and so the ethernet packets don't have valid destination or
source MAC addresses.

I'd like for the system to not have to be configured for a
specific set of IP addresses, but instead pass them all, and
do ARP requests on its own, as required.

Is there any way to do this? Thanks.

--
Jay Monkman	    The truth knocks on the door and you say "Go away, I'm
monkman@jump.net    looking for the truth," and so it goes away. Puzzling.