Re: New header in packet

On Mon, 25 Jun 2001, Akshay Adhikari wrote:

> hi,
> not a solution to your problem, but just a thought on
> what tcpdump is showing you.
> just thinking.....is tcpdump getting confused because
> of how libpcap works?
> afaik, pcap filters the packet before it hits the IP
> code, and returns you the packet ethernet header
> onwards.

Thats what i am hoping for ...that tcpdump picks up the packet much before
the IP layer, because i dont want those packets to go directly to the IP
layer. They should pass through my virtual layer where i strip off
"myheader" and then pass it onto the IP layer.

I need to see my packets at the destination machine and so i
had to use tcpdump because some debugging printks that i put into net_bh()
bombs (kernel panics) when handling so many packet types. I need to
construct a few debugging  statements which will take care of all
permutations and combinations of pkts e.g. ARP, ICMP, TCP, UDP etc. etc.

-