issues? with the tulip driver in the 2.4 kernel -- Was (Re: [tulip] Most ethernets record?)

> Donald Becker writes:
>  > The Tulip driver from ftp.Scyld.com works fine with all Znyx cards we
>  > have available for testing, and has for several years.
>
> The status of that driver is frankly irrelevant because it is not the
> one which is being actively maintained in the kernel these days.

On a side note, i have a 4 port Connexant Quatro Pro (10Mbs^-1) card, and
have tried putting it in a system with one of thoes irritating BIOSes that
scan the other side of PCI bridges the wrong way round ... (think its AMI
bios ... but dont take my word for it).  Now is the driver in the 2.4 kernel
capable of working around that small problemmet ? or is it neccessary to use
the unadultarated Donald Becker driver ?  (which in the 5 mins that i tried
to compile it didnt seem to want to play ball, most likley cause i was in a
rush, and solved the problem by putting two NIC's in the system)

Any comments / surgestions ?

Thanks,

Dave

-