Re: regarding sniffing...

thanks a lot for that bit of info but i would have
another question in my mind which is what stevens says
that :

The following rules sapply to the raw socket input
i.e. which all packets does the kernel pass to the raw
socket :
1. received tcp packets and udp packet are never
passed to the raw socket. if a process need to read ip
datagrams containing tcp/udp packet then it must read
them at the datalink layer i.e. PF_PACKET/ SOCK_PACKET
sockets.

so what do you comment on this. please tell me if i am
wrong at any place..
thanks
malhacker

casey as i said that