Re: Urgent! Firewall and Proxy

Hi,

It seems that the firewall sees all pages as coming from the proxy and
thus is allowing everything. You might require to setup another proxy for
the intranet and make it a slave to the main proxy and also put additional
access control lists on the local proxy for local web servers. Also set
the firewall so that only requests from the local proxy can reach the
proxy outside and that port 80 requests can only go out from the proxy and
that the proxy acceps port 80 requests for the local net. Other than this
I don't know if IPchains can handle headers of web pages (it would also
mean DNS lookups for the firewall). Or you can ask the admin of the main
proxy to set up ACL so that local net cannot receive any pages cached from
local net web servers.

HTH,
Indraneel

--