RE: Remote Access Modem Router RM356

On 14-Jan-2001 Joseph Begumisa wrote:
> Would anyone know how to set up a Remote Access Modem Router on a
> machine running Linux?  I have a situation where people on the LAN  want
> to dial on demand and I want to have the setup on a Linux machine

There are many solutions.
If you use ISDN there is isdn4linux package which comes with most of the
Linux distributions.
If you use modems, pppd has on-demand option. I'm using diald package for
more years. It has rules for fine control of the line.
Mail me if you want to try it, and I'll send you config files.
If you need more help, feel free to ask me directly.
There's even diald mailing list, but I don't remember address of it. Web page
is on the http://diald.sourceforge.net/

> instead of a windows machine.

Very, very good decision. Sorry, I can't resist :)))

Bye, Milan