Freesoftwares and GNU

Hi to all,

I want to write a feature on Open Source/The Free Software Foundation/GNU
Public Licence legislation. This should be in context of present situations of
IT in my country. I belong to a third world country and IT is developing here
for the last three years. The speed with which IT developed in last years is
fantastic. But the problem is domination of Micro $oft. Now the thing/help
which I want is examples where Open Source/The Free Software Foundation/GNU
Public Licence legislation helped in situations which I describe above.
One other problem is domination of Micro $oft in the market in context of
professionals. We are running an ISP that is a complete Linux Based Solution.
But when we go to market for hiring any guy for our operations we do not get
any one who has expertise in linux, but that guy will be expert in M$ NT. If I
recommend that my country (which I will be) promote Open Source then the
problem of deficency of professionals will remain there.

Any help,examples of other countries,URLs and suggestions in this regard will
be wellcome and thanks in advance.