Re: TIOCOUTQ, SO_SNDBUF

Hello!

> A syscall whose only effect is to return a value, and which does not
> return the value it should, is not too useful.

Sorry again... It returns some value now. It did not return it earlier.
If your goal is to write application, working with linux-2.0 or any
other OS, you simply cannot use such non-standard features.
You use posix or something.

> What I mean is: I want to allocate an application buffer which keeps
> data until I can be sure, by way of a checkpointing mechanism
> implemented by the application, that it has been delivered to the
> other end. What I want to know is how big this buffer should be.

Apparently, by negotiating to peer. TCP has nothing to do with this.

Alexey
-